Tuesday, July 21, 2009
The Manager, Heritage Grand Vacation Club Bhd.
C-2-2, Megan Avenue I,
No. 189, Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpur,
Re: Closing of HGVC Penang Branch & Booking Problem
With reference to the above, I would like to express my dissatisfaction and disappoinrnent due to the closing of HGVC Penang Branch. I went to the HGVC Penang on the 22 June 2009 and was informed that the branch will be closed due to cost cutting exercise. Thus all liaison and bookings with HGVC has to be done through HGVC Ipoh or HGVC KL.
2. For your information, I am a HGVC's Gold Member in Penang and so far I have been dealing with HGVC Penang Branch in all matters regarding HGVC. It was easy and convenient for me to go to Penang Branch to check on room availability, balance of my room eligibility and submitting my accrual form etc. Now, as the branch is closed, it is difficult for me to do the activity mentioned above and furthermore I have to contact them by telephone either to HGVC lpoh or HGVC KL.
3. On Wednesday morning (I July 2009) around 9.30am, I have submitted (faxed) my Holiday Request Form for December 2009 to HGVC lpoh (Fax No.: 05-2428870). Then, at about 12.00 noon I have made a call to HGVe lpoh (05-2428871) to check whether my request form has arrive at the office or not. However, the person who answered the phone told me that I have to call back after 1.00pm since the officer in charge for bookings is going out for lunch. At about 2.30pm I made another call to HGVC lpoh but nobody answered the call although the ringing tone was working perfectly (i.e. it was not engaged). I redialed several times and the results are the same.
4. Yesterday (2 July 2009) at about 9.40am, I made a call to HGVC Ipoh and was attended by a female officer. After asking about ny Holiday Request Form faxed yesterday, she told me that the office did not receive it and then informed me that all bookings for December 2009 are fully booked.
5. During my visit to HOVC Penang Branch on 22 June 2009, I was told that bookings for December 2009 will only start on I July 2009. That's why I submitted/faxed Holiday Request Form for December 2009 in the early morning of I July 2009. It was unlikely that the HGVC Ipoh did not
6. I felt disappointed once again with this problem. As a member, I am very frustrated on the holiday booking procedures and do not know exactly when to place any bookings and how to obtain information on rooms availability. We, the members of HGVC, have paid the membership fee and made' payment for maintenance fee yearly and hope that we can get full benefit from HGVC's program.
7. Therefore, as a member of HGVC, I really hope and would like the Management to upgrade their system so that whatever correspondence and information from and to the members could be done smoothly and effectively. Furthermore, I also hope that HGVC will increase the number of rooms and resorts/hotels due to increase in demand therefore all members can benefit the program.
8. Lastly, I would like to give my opinion and still insist that HGVC Penang Branch should be maintaining for the convenience of members in the Northern Region. I hope the Management will reply this letter explaining to me on this matter.
ZAKARIA BIN KAMIS
Membership No.: 10337111
Agreement No.: 15114
Membership Type: Gold Full Term
Thursday, July 02, 2009
Mr. Toa Kim Meng
Deputy Chairman, Complaint Bureau
Heritage Grand Vacation Club BHD.
No. 556, Jalan Pasir Putih,
Perak. [2nd July, 2009]
Dear Mr. Toa,
It is with regret that I have to write this letter to express my dissatisfaction over the services rendered by HERITAGE GRAND VACATION CLUB BERHAD.
In December 2007, I had approached one of the officers to accrue for the year 2008. During the same time, I had paid the yearly maintenance in cash. The persons at the front desk assured me that they will deal and arrange my accrual, and all I have to do was to fill up a form and sign it. The accrual for the year 2008 has the validity until 22nd January 2009.
Unfortunately, I submitted the request for 2008 beyond the timeframe and my entitlement was forfeited. I understand the situation of the forfeiture, however, the cooperation given by a Chinese pregnant lady, a Malay lady named Fasdzlin and Mr. Azhar Samsudin is unsatisfactory as he dodged my queries and failed to give full cooperation. As paying members, I am entitled to service and explanation by the clubs personnel and I am very dissatisfied with the way I was informed.
On 8th of January 2009, I have submitted the accrual form, a request and the maintenance fee (cheque no. 856313 MAYBANK dated 8th January 2009) the cheque the request made are as follows
Place of stay - Travel Lodge Butterworth Penang
Requested room - 1 Duration of stay - 3 d 2 n (30th May 2009 - 1st June 2009
On 13th January, I placed a call to Mr. Azhar to confirm my request and to my shock, he replied that he did not receive my accrual form and had only received the maintenance cheque and further queried me whether I have submitted the correct form to the Johor Bahru or Malacca office. As you know, both offices had been closed prior to the dates mentioned above. I am very puzzled as how did Mr. Azhar receive the maintenance cheque but did not receive my accrual form, as both were attached in the same letter. This has caused me problem, as I have to make a new documentation on my behalf.
This is not a personal attack to Mr. Azhar and the members of the club but as a team of Member Service Executive and its staff, they should be well informed about the situation regarding the Johor Bahru and Malacca office. Customer service is a very important part of the company as it is a service-oriented company and this is very burdening to customers. In my humble opinion, this type of incompetency is not tolerated for a service-oriented company such as yours.
3. Suggestions for improvement
Omar bin Othman
As per yesterday visit to your Heritage office at Megan Avenue 1, Jln Tun Razak, I only found out that Heritage newsletter already run till Volume 15 for year 2009 but sadly we do not received any newsletter from your office. We do complain previously about not getting any new from your office but been told it on progress!!
FYI, from day one until now, we just received three issue which is dated back 2004 for volume 10 & 11 and 12 for year 2006. That it... How could this happen?? No one is keeping track on membership record which suppose to be!! By right this suppose to be your main priority to update your member from time to time but this seen not really happen. Beside the website has been inactive for so long and for so many year to come then. So, I do hope Heritage won’t keep members in the dark as our membership is not for short term period. Something has to done on your website if Heritage can't disseminate the information in usual way. . Worse still, the next coming AGM is going to be held on Saturday, 11am 25th July 2009 soon. So, where the Notice of 9th AGM for us.... Look like we might missed this time AGM and for so many thus past AGM as well.
This website is currently under construction.
As one of LCM of Awana Vocation, I have high expectation from Heritage to improve the services to members. Keep it up dear.. Don’t be too lazy… Do something for benefit of members vice versa. Please look into Heritage Hotel room which have a lot of shoe mark over the wall. At one time, I have to change 3 rooms to feel comfortable with stay. The wall and ceiling was damn dirty and air-con was not so cool.
Yea, I do remember something… something to do with purchase and installation of LCD Projector & PA System (sound system) for at Ipoh Heritage Hotel with expense of Heritage members sinking fun close to RM120K dated back Dec 2003. Why it involve sinking fun with have nothing to do with HGVC members benefit? Was HGVC fully own Heritage Hotel! Is not, then it sound silly for the fund to be approve for that usage. Could someone clarify on this matter? What is outcome of that was not clear that after as that wasn’t any report back for that. Whether it have been approve or otherwise!!!.
It was sad to know LC Chairman has passed away before 9th AGM.
Thanks & Warm Regards
Simon, Lim Beng Teong
General Insurance Consultant
Membership No: 225429
Agreement No: K100128